Here are 10 rules for brainstorming:
1. Set directions. Describe the situation and define the problem.
2. Involve everyone. Celebrate diversity.
3. Encourage cross fertilization. Combine and synergize ideas.
4. Encourage out-of the box thinking.
5. Don’t overlook the obvious.
6. Suspend judgments. All ideas are good ideas.
7. Don’t fear repetitions.
8. Don’t stop and discuss. Go for quantity and not quality.
9. Record and display idea. Make sure each idea is complete.
10. Change hats to select the best idea.