In this particular newspaper instance, the gallery delineates the basic steps required to create a “telescoping tower of awesometude”.
Materials: 1-2 full newspapers
1. Creating the base: Roll 7 -10 sheets of newspaper into tubes and tie the tubes together 3/4 of the way up from the ground. It should look like a teepee.
2. The initial telescope: Roll a piece of newspaper into a tube and insert it into the center of the teepee.
3. Continuing to telescope: Continue to roll the newspaper and insert into previous tube.
4. More height: To prevent the newspaper rolls from falling to the bottom, we inserted rolled up balls of newspaper.
5. Rigidity: To prevent the structure from tipping over, we angled “leaves” of newspaper to the base.
Hopefully, you can now create your own Super Telescoping Tower of Awesometude. Let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions on how to make it better 🙂