I couldn’t agree more to his view. Technology is limiting our creativity. Interaction should drive design and technological evolution, not the other way around. Technology should evolve to enhance human experience, not humans adapt to available technology. We’re not E.T.–which is what Steven Spielberg envisioned as the evolved form of humans (short legs for not having to walk, big head and eyes due to computer use, long fingers for pressing keys, etc).
Great design is a never-ending journey of discovery — for which it helps to pack a healthy sense of humor. Sociologist and surfer-turned-designer David Carson walks through a gorgeous (and often quite funny) slide deck of his work and found images.
For those who missed this great TED talk. Loads of humor too.
Assignment for two weeks –
Recycled Material Fashion Show Video production
Pipeline tool is at http://pipeline.cc.gatech.edu/gt
There are several parts of the project:
1. team name, theme for your fashion show
2. design the fashion show – a couple set of clothing, using recycled material (80%)
3. design the performance of the fashion show for the models – music, choreography, presentation, dance, cat walk, performance, etc.
4. make a video of the fashion show performance – with music, narrative, etc.
5. collaborate in anyway as you see fit.
video screening to be Feb 8th in class 😉