Midterm Project Ideas
- Each person should work on their project proposals – to figure out whether you are writing a paper about something (what? a literature survey about child creativity and measurements, about personality and design collaborations, about design thinking, or about where people find inspirations, etc. etc.), conducting some sort of empirical studies (protocol analysis of design activities or meetings? interviews with practitioners? designing creativity support tools? using cultural probe to investigate daily life? etc etc), or inventing tangible artifact (software, hardware, website, toys, community portals, playground, etc. etc.) by any means.
- Be prepared to have a story to tell in 3/14’s Pecha Kucha session – to tell people what your research topics for this class will be, and how you plan to do it, are there precedents or related work? and what might we expect to see at the end of the semester.
- Please identify at least 2 papers from past Creativity and Cognition proceedings that are similar to what you want to do – click on publication archive to see all past proceedings – you could browse the table of content, or do keyword search – http://portal.acm.org.www.library.gatech.edu:2048/event.cfm?id=RE326
- Yes, you can decide to do it either as individual project or a joint team project (no more than 3 persons per team please.)
- Please put your midterm proposal Pecha Kucha document at the 2012 midterm proposal page by 3/13.